Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
about 2 months ago
Quality Inspector Required - Doncaster - 6 Month Placement
We are currently looking to hire a Quality Inspector in Doncaster to work primarily in our clients manufacturing factory, although some site based work and inspections will also take place. This is a 6 month fixed term contract, with working hours of 8.45-5 Mon-Thurs and 8.45-4.30 Fri
The main purpose of this role is the inspection and verification of in-process and finished items to the high standards expected by our client, who are a leading manufacturer and installer of external perimeter protection fencing. This will include monitoring incoming and outgoing material for compliance to customer specifications to ensure customer expectations and product conformity are maintained. In addition to the inspection of items and materials the role will require daily audits of specific areas, monitoring of any customer or supplier non-conformance and take a lead role in the resolution of any issues that may arise.
By using skills and knowledge gained in a previous quality inspector's role, the successful candidate will be required to drive quality improvement across the manufacturing area. This is a customer and supplier facing role and effective communication is a priority.
Your Duties will include:
* Inspection and Approval of finished products to specification and the rejection of any unacceptable items.
* Conducting visual and measurement inspection of finished and in-process items
* Completion and verification of internal check sheets and release of checked items
* Assist with the complaints process (NCR resolution / root cause analysis)
* Communicate with suppliers and customers
* Completion of daily quality audits.
* Support internal and external audits and inspections
* Review and update of procedures, work instructions and standards, as part of the QMS
* Document any quality issues and assist with the resolution of any complaints raised
* Provide a focal point for shop floor staff with regards to internal quality issues.
Your previous experience should include:
* Previous experience in a Quality Inspector role
* Good level of technical knowledge on reading drawings, standards and manuals
* Good level of ICT knowledge on applications (such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
* Experience of non-conformance resolution and root cause analysis
* A good knowledge of ISO 9001 quality systems
* Quality Management and Internal Auditing Qualification
* Knowledge of Quality Standards, Quality Tools (such as 8D, FMEA, LEAN, Root Cause Analysis), and continuous improvement
* Knowledge of welding practices and standards
* Knowledge of ISO 14001 and 45001
If you are looking for a new role and would be interested to discuss this opportunity further, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age