Quality Control Senior Analyst
Are you a QC Senior Analyst?
Do you have experience in a chemical manufacturing?
Can you work effectively in a fast paced manufacturing site?
Search are delighted to be working with a global market leading manufacturer on their search for a QC Senior Analyst based in Stockton on tees. Your responsibilities are to provide a comprehensive analytical service, testing products and raw materials in line with customer demand and business requirements
This is a Monday to Friday day shift role.
- To provide a comprehensive analytical service, testing products and raw materials in line with customer demand and business requirements.
- Plans and prioritises own work with guidance from QC Manager and assists with planning and prioritisation of analysts work.
- Report analytical results accurately and in a timely manner as dictated by QC, production and customer requirements.
- Support deviation / OOS investigations as required.
- Supervision of analytical team to ensure daily schedules are being adhered to and provide technical support with troubleshooting.
- Seek opportunities for implementing improvements in Safety, Quality, Cost & Delivery .
- Assist in coaching and developing of the QC team.
- Accountable to the QC Manager to ensure site standards and business objectives are met.
- Accountable to QC staff to ensure safe working and to support team members in compliance with site standards and business objectives.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are met including (but not limited to) workplace organisation, work instructions, risk assessments, and control, COSHH assessments, housekeeping standards in accordance with GLP and GMP.
- Perform a full range of analytical testing using wet chemical and instrumental techniques such as TLC, HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV analysis to agreed timescales.
- Carry out basic equipment maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment following approved methods and procedures on assigned pieces of equipment.
- Write and review SOPs, Work Instructions and testing procedures for raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
- Maintain the flow of QC documents within the department ensuring they are complete, accurate and compliant with procedures or guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of reagents and consumables.
- Carry out minor analytical method development to improve analysis, including HPLC, GC, spectrophotometric techniques and titrations.
- Ensure that OOS/OOT investigations are performed in timely manner in accordance with the procedural requirements .
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organising .
- Supervision of QC Analyst team .
- Ability to think creatively and apply new and innovative ideas to bring business benefit.
- Understanding of chemical analytical methods, specifications, and related documents/publications.
- Analytical aptitude and confidence in working in a multi-disciplinary laboratory.
- Data and computer literate, fluent user of typical office software application packages, especially Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of GMP/GLP.
- Enthusiasm and desire to do things better and strive to achieve high standards.
- Delivers on commitments as per timelines and quality standards.
- Shows a positive attitude in difficult situations.
- Will and ability to work co-operatively and to encourage cooperation within and across departments.
- Demonstrable evidence of understanding the importance creating a safe environment.
- Adapt to changing circumstances by accepting new and different ideas and approaches .
- Displays awareness of strategic initiatives and executes actions accordingly.
- Responds positively to change and adapts accordingly.
On offer is a competitive salary plus benefits.
Please contact Lewis Coats for more information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.