Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Job Title: Quality Assistant
Salary: £20,000 to £24,000 P/A (depending on experience)
Search are currently working with a leading food manufacturing business. My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assistant with a good understanding of food safety standards. This role reports into the Quality Manager, this is a great opportunity for a Technical candidate who takes pride in ensuring all products are of the highest quality and are in line with the food safety standards.
A Quality Assistant works mainly within the Production area and reports
directly to the Quality Manager. The working pattern will be 5 days Monday to Friday. As part of the site Technical team, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the products produced are of the highest quality and according to customer specifications. The key area in this role is ensuring that during the production of products all systems are adhered to.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
* Assisting with all aspects of Quality Assurance within the Company ensuring the business produces safe, legal products manufactured to the highest possible quality
* Assisting with all quality, integrity and food safety issues
* Driving Continuous Improvement and promoting Food Safety Culture within the business
* Positive Release of Raw Materials and Finished Products
* Maintaining the testing database and inputting data into the ERP System and Testing Schedules/Logs, including micro/chemical/allergen testing results
* Dealing with Customer requests, including CoA's/CoC's, shelf-life extension and testing requirements
* Testing Room equipment calibration and recording the calibration results
* Carrying out testing to ensure Finished Products compliance with the specification, including Aw, Salt, Moisture, pH, Allergen rapid and ELISA
* Carrying out Chemical Titration Testing within Production Area
* Maintaining Finished Product samples library
* Ensuring Production Records are compliant and retrievable
* Carrying out GMP, Glass and Plastic and Internal Audits
* Carrying-out packaging and labelling checks
* Performing Traceability Exercises
* Carrying-out the Allergen/Species Verification and Validation
* Carrying-Out Internal product and environmental testing (including water sampling)
* Monitoring of product and environmental testing results, logging and trending them
* Dealing with Shelf-life extension requests
* Carrying out and logging the temperature checks
* Downloading and Checking weight reports
* Working closely with Production, Warehouse and Customer Services Departments to support Finished Product Manufacturing Process
* A good understanding of food manufacturing systems
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving environment
* Good literacy and analytical skills
* Computer literate, able to collate and trend data
The ideal candidate will be:
* Keen to learn and take on new responsibilities
* Excellent organisational, planning, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
* Great attention to detail
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.