Social Worker - Various Children's Social Work Teams
£22.00 - 30.00 per hour
We are looking to recruit experienced Qualified Social Workers to work in various Children's Teams across Merseyside The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services. .
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Taking initial assessments
* Take responsibility for safeguarding children in the setting.
* Liaise with local statutory children's services agencies and with the Local Safeguarding Children's Board.
* Provide support, advice and guidance to any other staff on an on-going basis and on any specified safeguarding issue as required.
* Ensuring the setting is meeting its legal and statutory requirements
* Undertaking reviews
* Updating safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
* Making sure safeguarding policies and procedures are fully implemented
* Providing support, supervision and advice for any staff member, student and volunteer with a safeguarding or child protection concern * Keeping their own training up to date *
* Having an understanding of the referral procedures and know how to contact and establish links with local authority or police
* Liaising with OFSTED to inform them of any safeguarding actions taken
* Setting up and managing clear, accurate and secure record keeping systems
Benefits of the role as a Children's Social Worker:
* Competitive pay rates
* Long contracts available
* Well performing local authority
* Supportive team
* Good reputation
* Low staff turnover
* Social Work Qualification
* 2 years post qualifying experience
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £200 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Madge on 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age