QHSE Training Specialist, Crawley, West Sussex
£35,000 - £40,000 p/annum
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
A position has become available for a QHSE Training Specialist working in the Quality Health, Safety and Environmental Department in our European Headquarters, reporting to the QHSE Manager.
Primary responsibility will be to support, developing, implementing, and monitoring company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with local environmental, health and safety regulations.
This role will be expected to interact with a variety of departments, conduct training in Health & Safety issues. Monitoring of environmental compliance and maintaining liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies.
This role will also recommend corrective action where environmental health and safety hazards exist.
Duties to include:
- Interact with others in the administration of the implementation of workplace ergonomics and program solutions
- Monitoring industrial health
- Creating, tailoring and delivery of EHS Training across the European region
- Customer Site visit incl. liaising with customer EHS personnel
- Support Risk Assessments and Job Hazard Analysis
- Support Accident Injury investigations
- Being part of a small team within EHQ in developing, modifying our current Global Learning Management System
- Creating and delivering the Safety Messages and Safety Notices via our Learning System
Attributes and Experience:
The candidate must be educated to degree level or with significant relevant experience; within the semiconductor industry would be an advantage.
Experience as a Health, Safety and Environmental professional is preferable
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Experience of developing instructor led training and web-based training material
- Delivering training packages to audiences across the regions to employees and prospective trainers
- An understanding of compliance, continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Experience of working in an international organisation (desirable)
- Awareness of cultural differences
- Ability to evaluate complex issues, resolve problems and consistently make the right decisions.
- Ability to influence and build positive co-operation at all organisation levels.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Stake Holder Pension Scheme - Auto enrolled
- Private Medical Insurance - Optional
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance providing a death benefit of 4 x basic annual salary
- Office working hours are 08.30 to 5pm but additional overtime maybe required and reimbursed as per company policy
- Car Parking is available on site for all employees
- 3 days Training guaranteed
To apply for this position please follow the link to submit your CV.
Search Consultancy is an employment business recruiting on behalf of their clients
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.