QC Team Leader
Up to £32,500 per annum
I am currently looking for a QC Team Leader to join a leading and expanding pharmaceutical company based in Runcorn.
Reporting into the QC Manager, you will be expected to: Lead all aspects of Analytical testing including; Raw Materials, IPC and Finished Product Testing, Method Development, Validation or Stability Testing. Ensuring that all data produced is correct and to the required standard. Responsible for GMP and health and safety standards within the laboratory.
The responsibilities of the QC Team Leader are:
* Supervises 4-5 members of staff effectively day-to-day
* Creates efficient, workable schedules for team and manages team to deliver against schedule
* Line-manages effectively, including conducting 1:1s and appraisals
* Understands and implements performance management processes effectively
* To provide planning and leadership of all analytical activities for all current products/projects and future products/projects on site
* Provide technical support, guidance and training to the team
* Ensure data is trended and any out-of-trend results are highlighted and investigated
* Ensure analytical methods from clients are transferred effectively using robust procedures
* Ensure that new and existing methods are validated
* Develop and maintain effective KPIs to monitor and improve laboratory performance
* Build and develop a high throughput analytical team using lean principles
* Complete the investigation and root cause analysis of analytical issues, including OOS/OOT results and implementation of any associated CAPAs in line with site expectations
* Prepare and review of GMP related documentation (analytical methods, SOPs, specifications, monographs, protocols, reports)
* Ensure laboratory analytical equipment is validated
The successful candidate for the QC Team Leader role will have:
* A BSc, MSc or PhD in Chemistry or an associated subject, or relevant experience within the Pharmaceutical industry.
* Experience in working/managing within a high throughput analytical laboratory
* Strong technical knowledge and capability in analytical chemistry with strong emphasis on HPLC
If you are an experienced QC Team Leader then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.