Job title: Shift QC Chemist
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Location: Stoke on Trent
Shift pattern: 4 week rotation earlies, days, back shift and nights
I am currently working for a manufacturer and supplier of speciality chemicals, located near the city of Stoke on Trent. They are part of a multinational, blue chip group supplying their formulated products to the mining, industrial, automotive and civil engineering industries.
The role of shift chemist is responsible for:
* Laboratory analysis using a full range of test methods of samples for the production process, including manufactured product, filling, flushing and bulk samples
* Advising of required formulation adjustments for non-conforming products
* Advising adjustments required to improve first time pass rates.
* Advising on line flushing requirements and quantities for vessels, filling lines and bulk loading equipment.
* Product rework (sampling, testing and deciding if product is usable to be re-blended.)
* Control of bulk raw material intake
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in chemistry or a related subject. You will be an experienced shift worker who can deal with ad-hoc changes when required. The shift pattern is a 4 shift system (earlies, days, lates, nights) working 8 hour shifts including some weekend work.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.