About this role
Search Consultancy are looking for a Purchasing Assistant/Buyer with experience sourcing and purchasing materials and relevant components for our client in Gourock.
Salary upwards of £31,000-£40,000 (higher DOE)
Nature of Job
As a key member of the Supply Chain function the Senior Buyer role is to identify and manage the Supplier base both from a Strategic and Operational Support perspective to drive the best value in terms of cost, quality and service from Suppliers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Sourcing and Purchase of relevant components, materials, and services, ensuring quality, cost and other relevant factors such as delivery are within specification and target.
- Manage and ensure effective supplier relationships including Supplier Scorecards.
- Analyse and configure MRP parameters too produce optimum performance, ensure systems data integrity for effective and accurate reporting.
- Order book management -ensure POs are executed in a timely manner, expediting of priority or overdue orders from suppliers, ensuring orders are confirmed and delivery dates meet the business requirements.
- Deliver against set targets and objectives, although not restricted to the following, Material supply, Material Cost Reduction, Supplier Quality and Delivery performance, Inventory Management and SRM
- Conduct supplier negotiations to secure flexible cost-effective contracts that meet the business requirements.
- Responsible for the management of nominated commodities.
- Effective Market Price Analysis - via traditional bench marking techniques (RFQ/QAF)
- Ensure compliance with internal systems/processes
Required Skills, Experience and Traits
- Significant procurement experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent SRM skills
- Must have a flexible approach to workload and willing to get involved at all levels.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders/suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven record of cost reductions
- Degree educated.
- Negotiation and Project Management Skills
- Demonstrable working knowledge of MRP/ERP system.
- Ability to expedite material planning and logistics with suppliers for production.
- Commercial acumen and ability to gain sound industry knowledge to drive best practice and effective procurement solution.
If you believe you are suited to this position and would like to find out more information please APPLY HERE or contact 07580429415.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
09 March 2024
Port Glasgow, Inverclyde
£15 - £17.70 per hour
Bury, Greater Manchester
Batley, West Yorkshire
Up to £11.42 per hour
Up to £11.42 per hour
Learn more about an Industrial career
Whether you’re looking for production, warehouse or dispatch work, our method is simple but effective. By getting to know you and your experience, we can match you with the industrial jobs we think will suit you best.