I have a job for a Purchasing Officer. The Purchasing Officer will be part of a wider team responsible for all aspects of purchasing.
Reporting to the Purchasing & Commercial Director, I am seeking a high-calibre, driven and tenacious Purchasing Officer who has a proactive approach in managing, developing and driving supplier relationships and who can make a real difference to the team.
This role will suit an eager individual with a desire to develop their career within a growing and successful organisation.
The Purchaser will ideally come from an engineering background.
My client is a manufacturer in specialised composite engineering materials and components, supplying a broad cross-section of industrial applications throughout the world.
DUTIES OF ROLE
As Purchasing Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Purchase of raw materials, engineering spares and on-site services.
- Negotiation of tenders, volume contracts, price reductions
- Efficient inventory control
- Close liaison with the planning department to ensure a highly efficient process
- Management of supplier performance
- Management of vendor qualification process
- Management of KPI's
- Identify new suppliers for our products and services.
- Identify new / alternative materials
- Driving the approval of alternative suppliers of raw materials
- Develop and implement a process for pass through items from suppliers
EDUCATION/TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE
- Good GCSE, A level results
- Commercial / Business Degree qualification (2:1 or above would be beneficial)
- CIPS or equivalent qualification
- Significant proven experience in purchasing, preferably in an engineering environment
- Basic understanding of engineering
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Highly organised, diligent, methodical and thorough in approach
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of influencing internal & external stakeholders
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.