Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£18,000 - £20,000
Full time (9-5:30)
I'm Currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant to join a rapidly growing national company based in Harrogate. You will be assisting in the purchasing department ensuring effective communications across the company to maintain service standards. This is a great opportunity so anyone looking to start a successful career within Purchasing!
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Raise purchase orders using SAGE
* Sourcing new products and suppliers
* Manage and maintain the stock control function
* Assist in the purchasing and stock control processes such as negotiating prices
* Liaise with internal departments on deliveries and product information
* Checking carrier invoices for most effective costings
* Assist in marketing projects and liaise with marketing on product information
* Build and maintain relationships with new and existing suppliers
* Respond and resolve operational issues in a timely and professional manner
* Manage and maintain in house systems ensuring information is accurate
* General administrative duties
You will have:
* Experience of working in administrative environment
* An understanding of Microsoft Office programs
* Strong organisational and time management skills
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
* A professional telephone manner
* The ability to work under pressure and achieve strict deadlines
* Knowledge of SAGE 200
* Purchasing experience
The company offer opportunities of progression and development. To find out more or to apply please contact Emily Jacobs (interviews to held immediately)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.