Salary up to £29,000 for the right person
My client is looking for a unique stand alone purchaser that has bags of experience negotiating with suppliers.
The right person will be pro active, enthusiastic and driven.
You will be communicating with internal departments and tracking orders to ensure that customer demands are met. You will be comfortable managing these demands, providing high levels of customer care to internal departments and negotiating with suppliers. You must have a good level of attention to detail, excellent communication skills, be confident dealing with suppliers and have the ability to work unsupervised.
Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating prices, payment and contractual terms and conditions with suppliers
- Monitor and report supplier performance.
- Sourcing materials for engineering and distribution customers
- Ensuring Minimum Stock Levels are maintained and overstocking is avoided.
- Returning to Suppliers Stock no longer required. e.g. obsolete stock .
- Obtaining quotes from existing approved suppliers
- Expediting orders and chase up outstanding delivery queries
- Using relevant software (including Merlin and Microsoft Office Systems)
- Supporting sales and design departments to provide the best terms in the supply chain for customers
- Experience of a procurement/supply chain role
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Experience of cost price negotiation and manufacturing sourcing
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate ability to work to deadlines & manage competing demands
- A proven ability to identify & prioritise workload and manage suppliers
In return for your high level of commercial awareness, attention to detail and strong customer service skills we can offer you a competitive salary, good quality work and development in your role. We value our employees, believe in continuous improvement and will give you plenty of opportunity to make your role your own.
Working hours are between 8.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
With an early finish on Friday at 4pm