Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
progression, parking, work from home
Role: Purchase Ledger
Salary: £20,000 - £21,000
Location: Huddersfield City Centre with free parking
My client is one of the UK's largest retail distribution companies with a vast and diverse Finance function based in the city centre of Huddersfield
You will report to the Payment Support Manager and will ensure payments are made to all suppliers and dealing with escalations in a timely manner. This is an opportunity within future development for management and people leading.
* Ensure payments are made to all suppliers and ensure performance is in line with the SLA's (Service Level Agreements), complying with policies and procedures at all times
* Process UK supplier and overseas payments in order to ensure these are completed effectively
* Support the business in ensuring payments to internal and external suppliers are made on time and correct
* Excellent understanding of company expense policy
* Ability to adapt to change and to look for improved processes, deliver ad-hoc projects and activities as required by the business
* Processing Personal Expenses (Concur)
* Processing of Cheque Requests, BACS requests, Virtual and Store cards
* Monitor supplier accounts no longer used advise NPC teams for relevant action
National Payment Centre is responsible for the processing and payment of all supplier invoices (approx. 200,000 per month) and business expenses. This is managed through a team in Huddersfield (approx. 30 FTE) and an outsourced team in India (approx. 80 FTE).
Any anomalies in the payment process will be highlighted to the line manager and/or NPC manager.
Key Skills Required:
* Minimum of 12 months within an Purchase Ledger role
* Excel skills
* The ability to work within a busy accounting team
* A background in distribution/construction/retail is preferred
* Progressive mind set and somebody who wants to develop their career
* Excellent IT skills
* Excel knowledge
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Planning & Organising
* Relationship Management
* Displays strong desire and willingness to learn new skills
* Discounts at 100's of retailers
* Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
* Company Staff Discount
* Working within a team who get a long and have fun!
* Cycle to Work
* Long Service Awards
* Discounted Company Shares
* Attractive Pension Scheme
* Favourable Annual Leave entitlement
* Discounted car scheme
* Flexible work from home
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.