Neighbourhood Officer - Level 2
£14.82 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Neighbourhood Officer on a temporary basis. Working pattern is full time hours - 08.00am - 4.00pm
Responsibilities of the role:
* To develop innovative communication maximising opportunities to develop engagement and transparency to support Force objectives.
* To ensure all communications activity is undertaken in line with the force corporate communications strategy and force priorities.
* To identify and exploit opportunities to raise awareness of the positive work and activities carried out by GMP.
* To support, assist and develop forcewide campaigns and initiatives supporting force and divisional priorities.
* To manage media enquiries determining the appropriate course of action and dealing with them through to conclusion in liaison with Press Office, Senior PR Officer and in line with Force Media Policy.
* To play an active role in identifying threats, risks and opportunities using data and information and develop appropriate communication plans and implement activity.
* To research, write and evaluate press releases, identifying the best way to distribute, liaising with the media to secure coverage through photo calls, interview opportunities etc.
* To supply GMP's internal communication channels with positive stories and features about activity across GMP.
* To use Press Bureau to record media activity and input press releases/statements ensuring enquiries and responses are recorded and auditable.
* To work with the Senior PR Officer and Senior Digital Officer to identify and maximise online and digital opportunities for proactive communication.
* To prioritise workloads and act on own initiative, as appropriate, in order to ensure the PR service is delivered efficiently and effectively.
* To establish and maintain working relationships with the media and partner agencies and to assist GMP officers/staff in facilitating media interviews, photocalls etc.
* To maximise the opportunities to use visual methods to communicate including photographs and video to have the maximum impact.
* To enhance the communication provided by divisions and in particular neighbourhood teams ensuring they utilise a wide range of communication channels.
* To deliver training and education to key teams to support their delivery of communication and engagement inc updating the website.
* To participate in the identification and realisation of personal development and training needs, as agreed with the Digital and PR Officer.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please call Madge on 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age