Proposals Engineer job available at a brilliant Aberdeen based Oil & Gas and Deep Sea Engineering Company. This is an ideal role for someone with a Costing/Tendering/Contracts background who is looking for a role with solid work flow and career prospects.
About the Job
You'll be compiling bid packages ensuring that these are high quality, accurate and highlight the company's strengths, both technically & commercially, to make sure the company stands well apart from the competition.
As Proposals Engineer, you must be able to manage your workload, ensuring that client's deadlines are adhered to. They must maintain a professional approach all times whilst exceeding customer expectations through all stages of the transaction process.
You should possess a great entrepreneurial mind-set coupled with technical knowledge to get a great amount of buy-in from potential customers. The company's growth plans are based on new sales and customers and becoming the market leader, and you will play a pivotal role in making this happen.
To be successful in this job, you must have/possess;
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent - for sound technical knowledge
- Be commercially aware - to gain advantage on competitors
- Strong analytical and commercial skills - to be able to show capability
- Understanding of Engineering principles - to demonstrate for potential clients
- Previous estimating experience - pivotal to the success of this role
Other attributes that could contribute to your success in this role include;
- Previous work experience as a Proposals/Tendering/Contracts Engineer
- Good communication, organisational and negotiation skills
- Ability to work using own initiative and to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Pro-active forward looking approach
- Commitment to provide excellent Customer Care
- Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
How to Apply
If you think this Proposals Engineer job is the right move for you, them click apply to be considered. The role comes with a good salary package & company benefits.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.