This role would suit a lab based candidate looking to make the transition into a more commercial role.
- This position will convert RFP (Request For Proposal) into Quotation, including logging enquiries into SalesForce, technical evaluation, quotation writing, pricing, positioning to client and closing the deal.
- To provide the first point of contact for RFP within Services Business.
- To lead follow ups of all quotations and proposals in a timely manner.
- To visit key customers as required and present the Services Business (initially Ireland base only)
- To provide support and assistance to the Management Team in providing monthly report and market feedback.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day administration & maintenance of the enquiry system and pipeline for our business.
- Convert RFP to Quotation, working closely with the Senior Account Manager and the global BD Team.
- Reviewing RFP and ensuring that the scope is clearly defined/understood, organise telecon or face to face meeting with client as necessary.
- Acknowledging receipt of enquiry to Customer including Internal Customer
- Lead the preparation of proposals and quotations for customer enquiries in conjunction with Managers, Team Leaders and Analysts.
- Submit proposal to Client or internal Business Development Manager in the agreed timelines
- Follow up customer requests to check for completion of responses and feedback to customers
- To provide senior management with data on incoming enquiries, generate sales pipeline data for management meetings.
- Maintain an awareness of technical and service capabilities to enable best response to customers.
The job holder will be the initial point of contact for new and existing customers requiring repeat or new work hence has a significant impact on the image and reputation of the company.
Ideally the job holder should have:
- 2-3 years experience working in an analytical laboratory and be familiar with general analytical techniques
- A science degree (Analytical Sciences or Chemistry)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Sales, Marketing and Business Development processes and activities
For more information or to apply, please contact Nick Verner
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.