This is a superb opportunity to join one of South Yorkshire's largest independent Lettings and Sales Estate Agents as a Property Manager.
As a Property Manager you will be responsible for a portfolio of property's so you will need to be highly organised with an ability to multi task, experience of dealing with tenancies and knowledge of housing benefits would be very advantageous to this role.
This is a growing independent estate agent based in and you will be working within a team of 6 property managers handling around 1000 + properties between the team.
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Duties & Responsibilities;
* To ensure properties are fit for market
* To ensure the landlord carries out his obligations to the tenant both in statute and the tenancy agreement
* Liaise with client front office to ensure routine property visits are carried out in the required time frame
* Liaise with contractors to ensure repairs and maintenance works are carried out to a satisfactory standard and timescale and in line with any guarantee, warranties
* Establish whether liability for maintenance work is landlords or tenants
* Mediate and negotiate between parties regarding the return of the tenant's deposit.
* Ensure that relevant payments are instructed to accounts department promptly and properly regarding contractors, deposits and landlord bills
* Alert accounts immediately of any pending arrears problems
* Co-ordinate and prepare renewal of tenancies
* To spend only sums on repairs as are reasonable, justifiable and the landlord's responsibility
* To ensure that any decisions you take do not put the company at risk of being sued by the landlord for negligence or mishandling of his funds
* To ensure the tenant fulfills their obligations as set out in the tenancy agreement
* To display relevant skills to identify and qualify landlords and tenants' needs ensuring the company Service Standards are met at all times
* To control activities and systems to ensure the portfolio is run cost effectively at all times
* To market and sell the company services and products
Property knowledge is advantageous along with knowledge of housing benefits however not essential.
Working hours 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday and Saturday 9am - 1pm on rotation.
Basic salary dependent on experience £17,000 - £19,000 + bonus incentive scheme.
If you feel you would be a good fit for this role then please apply
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.