PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
TIER 1 MAIN CONTRACTOR
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the UK's most successful construction companies who commenced as a family-run business with a focus on keeping their clients satisfied and continually developing their employees. They have a long and successful trading history dating to over 50 years, with works being completed in the Commercial, Residential, Education, Healthcare & Leisure sectors with projects ranging from £5M - £50M. Their approach has led to them receiving various industry recognised accreditations and having a reputation in construction as completing technical projects and delivering a high build quality across their portfolio, resulting in them being awarded the 'Investors in People' accreditation on numerous occasions. Looking to recruit an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor for various upcoming projects in Kent. You will be mainly site-based and on occasion will be reporting to their regional office.
Duties & responsibilities of the position include:
* Preparing the client applications, variation accounts, procurement schedule, warranty tracking and maintaining procurement
* Assembling sub-contract orders
* Preparation and submission of tender packages
* Attending regular meetings with the client and also design team
* Knowledge of pre-construction reviewing contract, design and cost plan budgets
* Experience of formulating bill of quantities from drawings and specification, including groundworks to finishes
* Performing site measurements and valuations alongside subcontractor request, containing issues of payment and withholding notices.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience / qualifications:
* Degree in Quantity Surveying
* Experience working on projects within the Education, Commercial and Residential sectors
* Experience working on project values £5M+
* Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and organisational skills
* Confident problem solver and decision maker that thrives well under pressure
* A team player that adopts a pro-active approach to their work
* Able to use their knowledge to mentor and support other members of the team
* Proficient in report writing and gathering required information
On offer is a competitive salary, including a benefits package that consists of a car allowance or a company car, 25 days holiday a year, pension scheme and private medical insurance cover.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.