Would you like to be involved in the delivery of a major civil engineering infrastructure project?, are you experienced in the delivery of high value projects in an Engineer, Agent or Site Management capacity?
Search have a unique permanent opportunity to join a major civil engineering contractor. The business is responsible for the delivery of a range of infrastructure projects across the U.K within highways, water, utilities and marine environments. We are seeking a civil engineering professional to fulfil a key role within a major roads project in Aberdeenshire, the Consultation / Quality Manager will make up part of the project delivery team taking on a unique and interesting remit.
The Consultation / Quality manager will be leading the consult and comply process in line with contractual requirements on a large civil engineering project. Along with Senior Management, the Consultation / Quality manager will initiate improvements and create an efficient and robust Quality Assurance/Quality Check' system. This will ensure you meet the customer expectations whilst aligning your activities with industry standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise between client representatives, Quality teams and project delivery team to report and resolve any construction quality issues.
- Ensure compliance with all project requirements and conduct systematic QA inspection.
- Tracking, reporting and closing out all contract deviations.
- Ensure that project documentation is compliant with standards and specifications.
- Assist the Construction Manager/Project Manager in managing stakeholder interface and communication.
- Obtaining consultee comments on design packages, and construction methods or materials.
- Consulting on Traffic Management plans, arranging and chairing meetings for same.
- Setting up and managing a strict quality management system including managing on site testing.
- Creating and co-ordinating Inspection and Test Plan and Records.
- Managing Materials Approvals with designers, Managing Non-conformances and Remedial Actions.
- Close co-ordination with site construction team to ensure compliance with quality procedures and prevent NCRs.
- Lead the quality launch meeting to ensure everyone involved has a clear understanding of the project.
- Contribute in the project set up stage and record any quality control requirements.
- Chair the an internal Quality Focus Group.'
- Operate 'Checklist' style quality inspections.
- Provide detailed written reports following site inspections. Ensure the site is compliant with the approved specifications and programmes.
- Monitor observations raised in quality control inspection reports.
- Aid the site team with implementation of Test and Inspection Plans and evaluate the quality of workmanship
- Report any instances of non-compliance immediately.
- Provide guidance on corrective action if applicable and specify time-frames for rectification.
- Create a Benchmark System to demonstrate the expected standards to our supply chain and clients.
- Liaise with our clients periodically to ensure that the level of satisfaction is high and consistent.
- Assist the Aftercare Team with managing and closing out defects with an appraisal of quality standards.
- Be accountable for closing off inquires and complaints efficiently in relation to quality on sites.
- Feed into the front-end procurement team with subcontractor performances etc
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications & experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent qualificatio
- An appropriate and valid CSCS / CSR card. * Full Driving License. Desirable:
- Professional Qualification such as CIOB, RICS, RIBA or APM. Experience:
- Sound knowledge of construction management or civil engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience operating on major construction projects.
- Passionate about construction and building, with good career continuity
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulations.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
- Previous experience of working on similar type projects would be preferable.
Skils & Competencies:
- Team player and leader
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills
- Good IT and numerical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Self-starter able to work within a team setting.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated. Capable of working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
- An excellent professional demeanour
- Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if required.
Ideally you will be based within commutable distance of Aberdeen however those open to relocation will be considered in line with experience. This role offers an opportunity to join a leading civil engineering contractor, generous remuneration and career progression. For a full, confidential discussion get in touch
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.