Our client is a quality driven civil engineering contractor with decades of experience in the delivery of high value and technically challenging projects within Roads and Infrastructure. As part of a major Highway project in Aberdeenshire we are seeking an individual to take on a unique and challenging role to manage Quality Assurance and Stakeholder Consultation throughout the project delivery phase.
The role is multi faceted with a remit to coordinate design and project information liaising with key stakeholders to ensure the accurate, transparent and timely flow of critical information to the client (Transport Scotland), Consultancy representatives such as Consulting Engineers Environmental Consultants, community representatives, the project delivery team, local businesses and the general public.
An individual with strong people skills and the ability to manage stakeholder relations. An influencer with a strong client focus who can corral project information of a highly technical nature from multiple sources, understand, package and communicate it out to the relevant bodies and officials within suitable timescales.
* Developing and reviewing civil and structural calculations, drawings, specifications and other design documentation.
* Monitor the implementation of the civil and structural works at the site including all health, safety and environmental management obligations and systems.
* Liaise between client representatives, Quality teams and project delivery team to report and resolve any, construction quality issues.
* Ensure compliance with all project requirements and conduct systematic QA inspection
* Tracking, reporting and closing out all deviations.
* Ensure permits and licenses are retained and planning conditions observed.
* Ensure that project documentation is compliant with standards and specifications.
* Assist the Construction Manager/Project Manager in managing stakeholder interface and communication
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Sound civil engineering background - qualified in Civil Engineering and Construction, ideally with some time spend in project delivery at some point in their career.
* Strong understanding of how similar projects come together from bid, design stages through to delivery.
* Technical expertise to allow quality assurance on design packages and construction within the context of highways, structures and civil engineering projects of similar size and scope.
* Experience in design management / coordination / document control
* Demonstrable experience working with the client (Transport Scotland) with a sound understanding of how to best manage the relationship through transparency and accountability.
This role is a permanent position ideal for a civil engineering professional seeking a long term salaried role.Ideally candidates will be resident in the Aberdeen area.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.