MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Correspondence/Documents: Issues dealing with planning and cost control
* To assist in the development Project planning and scheduling systems recognising integration points in other areas of the portfolio and maintaining schedules online;
* Developing and maintaining schedules using MS Project Online and Primavera as well as integration thereof with other Project Control Systems;
* Prepares and Maintains the Owner's Master Project Schedule under the direction of Project Director, Project Manager and Construction Manager and Project Controls Manager;
* Reviews and approves, EPCM and Other Contractor's Schedules before incorporation into the Owner's Project Master Schedule;
* Providing regular program schedule status updates including project percentage completion and working with other team members as well as contractors to flag variances to baseline;
* Reviews and produces overall project progress metrics, including critical path analysis;
* Provides input into to the project procurement and contracting process rendering the respective planning and scheduling analysis;
* Working with projects to monitor and manage schedules and embed the processes that drive successful planning;
* Updating percentage completion and working with Projects to flag variances to baseline;
* Providing subject matter expertise to monitoring and managing schedules;
* Monitoring schedule deviations and variances and assist in developing corrective action recovery plan;
* Organise and maintain schedule data in clear and accurate formats and ensure superior data quality and consistent to drive confidence in reporting outcomes;
* Produces the respective "lean" progress reporting structures and 'dashboards".
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Your responsibilities will include other tasks, which your Manager may instruct you to undertake from time to time.
* Prepare and update schedules timeously with the required level of accuracy;
* Assist with the specification, selection and implementation of project controls systems improvements;
* Set up, update and prepare reports on the project controls system;
* Develop resource planning systems and produce reports for project management;
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
* Minimum 10 years of planning experience and a degree in a related field i.e. Finance or Accountancy or Engineering
* Advanced skills in the use of scheduling software (Primavera and Microsoft Project 2000) with minimum of 5 years as Project Lead Planner for EPCM or Owner's team;
* Proven project planning background and be accomplished in identifying schedule variances and opportunities and proactively developing mitigation strategies
* Mining/resources experience essential
* Self-starter with ability to think strategically
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment with competing business demands
* Advanced skills in the use of Excel and Access software.
* Experience in the project control of multi-discipline design and construct contracts.
* Ability to create a detailed project schedule from estimate data.
* High degree of literacy.
* Well developed communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
* Post graduate training in computer systems and software.
* Project Manager assessment of performance.
* Good planning and scheduling development/ review and timely and accurate reporting.
* Currency of standards and procedures.
* Progress on development of resource planning and prospective work reporting.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.