A Project Manager / Quantity Surveyor is sought for a long-term temporary appointment, expected to be at least 2 years, based in Dalkeith.
They are looking for someone who has a crossover of Project Management and PQS skills as the role involves taking on projects in a PM capacity in addition to a QS role. On design & build contracts the role may also include fulfilling the role of Employer's Agent.
Skills / Requirements:-
- Ability with draft contracts/ manage/ administer; including instructions/ valuations/ payments/ final accounts; high commercial awareness and ability to drive out value
- Programme production/ management including procurement; high level to detailed/ daily management; ability to review forthcoming/ long lead issues and manage accordingly.
- Risk management
- Contract management, on site
- Design management; managing design teams, interrogating information from design teams/ prior to instructions - driving out value
- Ability to competently manage projects from inception to completion - this will include both PM and/or QS duties
- Experience in commercial, education and housing desirable with public procurement knowledge/experience beneficial.
- Able to work within a small team and keep a good audit trail
- MRICS qualified preferred
This is a full time appointment expected to last at least 2 years.
Please apply online or call Richard Thorpe on 01383 745 309.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age