Role: Project Manager
Salary Range: £100,000 - £120,000
Location: Scarborough, YO11
Are you a highly skilled Project Manager with experience in the Mining industry?
Our client delivers a comprehensive list of mining services, ranging from shaft sinking and raise boring, to full mine development and operation. They are looking for a talented Project Manager to work on their large site based in the North Yorkshire region of Scarborough.
As the Project Manager you will be primarily leading the planning and delivery of packages for shaft sinking operations and provide direction and leadership to the sub-project multi-disciplinary project team.
You will be expected to deliver the project with effective management of time, cost, scope, HSE, resources, contract requirements as per the best practice, PMBOK and developed project-specific guidelines.
You should know how to analyse the schedule and financial information to recognize significant variances, trends, and irregularities and understand the root causes/drivers. Then develop and maintain the change management process to record changes to the scope of work.
Preparing and communicating progress and reportable KPI's to the senior management teams will be required through the collation of reports and forecasts, and it will be expected that you'll promote continuous improvement through the review of current processes and amend accordingly to reduce waste where appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field required
* Possess a Project Management Professional (PMP) or related
* Minimum 10 years of direct experience as a Project Manager on a large EPCM /EPC Project(s) (plus USD100m). Shaft sinking project management experience will be an asset
* Advanced (preferred) proficiency level in Microsoft Office applications, including: Outlook, Word, Excel (advanced level required) and PowerPoint. Experience with project management software experience will be an added advantage.
* Familiarity with the overall basic terminology of a project's management principle practices, methodology, techniques and tools
* Solid communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with individuals with varying disciplines, backgrounds and experience levels
* Strong ability to work with a team, provide direction, prioritise work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
* Exceptional analytic skills and logical thought processes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to the ability to present ideas, proposals and results to senior managers and to internal and external customers
* Must understand economic analysis as it pertains to project justification
The role will be working Monday to Friday with accommodation and meals are provided if required.
If you are an experienced and highly skilled Project Manager and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV now and we will contact you back very shortly.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.