Search Consultancy is working with a Greater Manchester local authority to recruit a Project Manager, on a contract basis, with experience of managing complex programmes of work in order to help deliver change within Children and Education services.
Ideally you will have experience of agile project management techniques in delivering change within council services with a range of different internal and external stakeholders.
- To contribute to the key aims and objectives of the organisation, both within the post holder's specific remit, across CSS and the Council as a whole.
- To comply and ensure compliance with the Council's policies and procedures.
- To contribute and be an active member of the service, evaluating options and providing knowledge and expertise to support the aims of the Council.
- To provide effective customer relationship management, resolve issues and seek customer feedback.
- To ensure a highly customer-focused approach to service delivery by regularly seeking to determine the wants and needs of all customers and contributing to the development of those services accordingly.
- To work collaboratively across CSS, the Council and with external partners to promote and deliver Council objectives and maximise performance and operational efficiencies.
- Recognise and respond to the political environment and expectations, addressing any sensitivity and taking an appropriate view of service priorities and requirements.
- Manage change effectively, working with colleagues in response to external drivers and ensure that CSS remains fit for purpose now and in the future.
- To support and develop opportunities to generate additional resources in order to deliver improved services.
- Support in the elimination of duplication and other inefficiencies across CSS in order to maximise the use of resources and achieve budget targets.
- To manage of service or specialist areas including responsibility for projects, budgets, performance, staffing (including recruitment, disciplinary, health and safety, welfare), health and safety, risk, business continuity etc.
- Contribute to the key aims and objectives of the organisation, both within the post holder's specific remit, across the section and Council as a whole.
- To work flexibly within the role and support the general activities within Corporate and Support Services and the Council.
Please apply ASAP for initial consideration for this role or contact Catherine Yates at the Manchester Office for further information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age