Search currently are currently looking for a Project Manager on a permanent basis for our prestigious client based in York.
The project manager will be responsible for the following areas within the business.
* Act as the sole PM delivering smaller/medium sized projects to meet Direct business objectives
* Work alongside an IT Project Manager on larger projects as the business PM, leading specific work package delivery
* Identify and manage all stakeholders
* Involved with Business Change and Service Improvement focused Projects
* Define and agree resources required to carry out the work and set up the team
* Ensure the project team has all up to date documents
* Ensure the project / work package is defined, executed and closed in a manner that ensures delivery to the time, cost and quality parameters agreed with the sponsor
* Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project / work package
* Monitor the progress of the project against plan and recommend corrective actions where necessary
* Provide timely and quality communications to stakeholders
* Identify risks and issues, develop mitigation plans and escalate if appropriate
* Continually assess if the project will meet the objectives and is using resources efficiently
* Utilise project management software tools for project tracking and reporting purposes
* Be part of the PM practice, ensuring that project management standards are adhered to
The successful project manager will have skills and experience in the following areas.
* Proven project management skills within an Project Delivery environment
* A strong communicator (face to face, telephone and email) with the ability to build effective working relationships with people across the business and locations
* Experience around Business Change and Service Improvement Projects
* Ability to organise, prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines, with high attention to detail
* Proactive team player with a positive approach to work
* Experience of working within a project based environment
* Awareness of project life-cycles and understanding of project plan and project team structures
* Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, PMP, or Prince 2
* PC literate using MS Office suite
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a prestigious business that develops and invests heavily within its staff.
Outstanding benefits package on offer (Bonus, private health care, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance).
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.