TIER 1 MAIN CONTRACTOR
With a heritage dating back to over 100 years ago and the responsibility for delivering some of the UK's most notable construction projects they are now regarded as one of the UK's most established and prestigious construction companies. Known for combining their exceptional technical knowledge with an individualistic outlook that is the result of being a family-run company, they have been voted 'Best Main Contractor Company to work for' and pride themselves on the longevity of their workforce, with over a third of their workforce continuing with them for 10+ years.
Due to a strong pipeline of exciting projects across a variety of divisions the opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join their southern team, working on an important grade A Commercial office in Reading regarded as a notable redevelopment in Surrey. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be coordinating the delivery of works packages within your assigned remit and ensuring the safety in both the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
Key duties & responsibilities include:
* Oversee the delivery and implementation of the build and pre-build stages according to the timescales set
* Enforce the values and behaviours of the company throughout all processes
* Effectively cooperate with other stakeholders to ensure that the project is delivered according to the budget and the objectives set
* Be aware of opportunities and risks that may occur throughout the project
* Ensure that you continuously guide other members of staff and contribute to improving their efficiency
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Experience working as a Project Manager with a tier 1 main contractor
* Commercial office project experience
* Proven experience in managing £30m+ construction projects
* A background in technical and engineering
* Thorough understanding of external mechanisms
* Degree in construction management or civil engineering
* Sound knowledge of construction methodologies
* Aware of the various forms of contracts (JCT, NEC3)
* Proven leadership skills/qualifications
On offer is a comprehensive salary/package with an employer that are known for rewarding and investing heavily in their staff and promoting internal progression. If you feel that the above matches your skillset and ambitions then I would welcome your application.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.