Project Engineer, West Sussex, Competitive Salary £24k - £54k
We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the world's market leaders in the oil/petrochemical industry world-wide. My client has a lot of projects in pipe and open to taking on more than one candidate.
The successful applicant/s will be a key part of our client's project engineering team providing a high standard of technical expertise and experience. You will be an integral member of the UK projects team and the role is to primarily support the co-ordination and execution of multi-million pound contracts.
In return you will receive full on-the-job training, be encouraged to assume responsibility for projects, work as part of a small dynamic team in a challenging commercial environment. Clients are based around the world and travel is associated with this role. You may be a recent graduate or highly experienced hence the broad salary range.
Some of the duties and Responsibilities:
* Review of client purchase order and attachments together with all Sales handover documentation.
* Issue of job instructions to each of the internal departments and specialists. Management of departments to ensure completion of job instructions.
* Project control by development and monitoring of programmes.
* Drafting of all material, fabrication and equipment purchase order requisitions and specifications.
* Distribution and review of drawings and documents to client and seller, plus monitoring to ensure timely and quality submission.
* Compilation and control of necessary contract variations, status reports, shipping lists, erection instructions and installation, start-up and maintenance instructions.
* Liaison with client to ensure equipment is supplied to job requirements and in accordance with all pertinent specifications as well as negotiating for extras to the clients 'as sold' package as and when required.
* Management of sub-contractors to ensure the product is supplied to order and specifications and within the contracted delivery date to fulfil overall project objectives.
* Liaison with client's site management team and the Construction Manager/Supervisor in respect to contracts involving erection.
* Undertake duties and responsibilities as described, managing and controlling contracts to achieve completion in time within budget as directed by Projects Director/Project Engineering Manager.
What you will need:
* Qualification to HND/Degree level ideally in engineering discipline or a strong project management background within a technical environment will be considered
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages especially Excel and MS Project.
* Knowledge of 2D or 3D Cad software (doesn't have to be extensive)
* High standard of analytical & technical problem solving skills
What You Will Get:
As you would expect, you will receive a competitive salary and also enjoy a generous benefits Including Pension, life insurance, private health care, bonus scheme plus great working hours.
How To Apply:
If you believe you have the skills and experience required for the role, then please apply via the link
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.