Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£52000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Company Bonus
about 1 month ago
Your future employer is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced project engineer to join their rapidly growing team. The ideal candidate will have previous project engineering experience, ideally in a similar industry of heaters and heat recovery units. An extremely competitive salary of £52-£60k is being offered for the ideal candidate, along with generous benefits. The role is to support the co-ordination and execution of multi-discipline engineering, material supply and quality control for multi-million pound contracts. The hours for the position are 37½ hours per week: Monday - Thursday 08.30 - 17.30 ¾ hour lunch break and Friday 08.30 - 13.00 finish.
Main duties for the project engineer:
* Drafting of all material, fabrication and equipment purchase order requisitions and specifications
* Review of purchase order and attachments with all Sales documentation
* Issue of job instructions and follow-up, liaising with internal departments and specialists to ensure completion of instructions
* Monitor the development of Quality Plans
* Review and approve all sub-contractor bids including technical aspects Compilation and control of necessary contract variations, reports, shipping, instructions and installation, start-up and maintenance instructions
* Distribution and review of drawings and documents to client and seller, plus monitoring to ensure timely and quality submission
* Liaising with clients to ensure equipment is supplied to requirements and in accordance with all pertinent specifications
* Project control by development and monitoring of schedules
Required/desired experience of the project engineer:
* Qualifications to HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline is preferred however candidates with a strong project engineering or project management background within a technical environment will be considered
* Previous experience of working in a projects environment with proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget is essential
* Able to work alone and on own initiative, as well as part of the Team
* Extremely organised with good attention to detail
* Able to liaise and co-ordinate with staff of all levels in multiple offices around the world
* Pro-active with a desire to improve processes and business performance
* Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with foreign clients and suppliers
* Knowledge of 2D or 3D CAD software would be an advantage
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who is looking for a company to truly invest in, develop and progress themselves, and help the company grow. Given the industry, experience in heaters or heat recovery is beneficial, but not crucial.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.