Our chosen business partner is working with us exclusive on this requirement. They are in transition at present and merging two factories. This is a huge project in the region of 8 Million and a lifecycle of 2 years. The equipment being installed will be a mixture of both new and existing process lines with state of the art automated welding robots.
If successful you will be providing an efficient service within our valued client for the selection, design, procurement and commissioning of; new capital plant, test equipment, machinery, tooling, jigs, fixtures, buildings and services along with similar services for the modification and upgrading of existing equipment. Superb opportunity to join a company that is streamlining and merging two manufacturing sites.
* Negotiation of contracts, generation of specifications and the procurement of new buildings, facilities, plant and equipment.
* Ensuring that all projects under his/her control meet production/company deadlines.
* Managing multi concurrent activities to agreed timescales and project budgets.
* Management, control and implementation of capital equipment projects associated with the manufacture of white goods or HVAC industry type products, ensuring that original specification, time scales and costs are met.
* Preparation of project specifications and compilation of costs as part of the departmental justification or for direct submission for Board approval.
* Facility design objectivity, project management and good interpersonal skills.
* Being directly responsible for ensuring that training requirements for maintenance and operators on plant and equipment are carried out to meet ISO 9000 Part 2.
* Indirectly controlling operators, engineering utilities & maintenance personnel.
* Directly controlling external contractors.
* A minimum qualification of Degree or equivalent in Engineering and a proven track in a similar role (comprehensive training will be provided for the right candidate).
* Experience of manufacturing equipment, testing equipment, control systems, plant and services layout.
* A working knowledge of civil engineering construction work.
* CAD drawing skills (facility layouts, building layouts, site services - AutoCad)
* PC literacy (MS Office and ideally MS Project)
* Working knowledge of Building Regulations, IEE 16th Edition, Codes of Practice, Construction, Design and Management Regulations (CDM), ISO 14001, Risk Assessments and Health & Safety Regulations
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.