Project Engineer - £40,000 doe + holidays + pension + free parking
Our chosen business partner is working with us exclusive on this requirement. They are in transition at present and merging two factories. This is a huge project in the region of 8 Million and a lifecycle of 2 years. The equipment being installed will be a mixture of both new and existing process lines with state of the art automated welding robots.
As a Project Engineer you will be providing an efficient service within our valued client for the selection, design, procurement and commissioning of; new capital plant, test equipment, machinery, tooling, jigs, fixtures, buildings and services along with similar services for the modification and upgrading of existing equipment. Superb opportunity to join a company that is streamlining and merging two manufacturing sites.
* Negotiation of contracts, generation of specifications and the procurement of new buildings, facilities, plant and equipment.
* Ensuring that all projects under his/her control meet production/company deadlines.
* Managing multi concurrent activities to agreed timescales and project budgets.
* Management, control and implementation of capital equipment projects associated with the manufacture of white goods or HVAC industry type products, ensuring that original specification, time scales and costs are met.
* Preparation of project specifications and compilation of costs as part of the departmental justification or for direct submission for Board approval.
* Facility design objectivity, project management and good interpersonal skills.
* Being directly responsible for ensuring that training requirements for maintenance and operators on plant and equipment are carried out to meet ISO 9000 Part 2.
* Indirectly controlling operators, engineering utilities & maintenance personnel.
* Directly controlling external contractors.
* A minimum qualification of Degree or equivalent in Engineering and a proven track in a similar role (comprehensive training will be provided for the right candidate).
* Experience of manufacturing equipment, testing equipment, control systems, plant and services layout.
* A working knowledge of civil engineering construction work.
* CAD drawing skills (facility layouts, building layouts, site services - AutoCad)
* PC literacy (MS Office and ideally MS Project)
* Working knowledge of Building Regulations, IEE 16th Edition, Codes of Practice, Construction, Design and Management Regulations (CDM), ISO 14001, Risk Assessments and Health & Safety Regulations
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.