Project Manager (Insurance)
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager for our leading insurance client based in the heart of the city. This is a permanent role and would suit someone seeking their second/third project management role.
The successful applicant will lead and coordinate the identification, definition and management of projects (full project life-cycle) to meet business opportunities within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality, following formal project management methodologies and communicating the change to all affected parties.
* Managing project proficiently (execute industry standard project management methodologies)
* Plan and define scope of projects
* Prepare and maintain definitions of the requirements of projects (run workshops to investigate user requirements and complex problems or issues)
* Plan and sequence project activities and resources (manage and coordinate multiple complex activities simultaneously and provide accurate and reliable reporting to key stakeholders as required)
* Develop and estimate time and budgets
* Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of projects
* Produce all project related documentation, monitoring and reporting progress and all the administrative tasks that are required.
* Report on benefits realisation and initiatives
* Maintain a close relationship with end users and build a comprehensive understanding of business processes and business terminology
* Responsible for the closure phase of the projects (outputs, lessons learned, handover and benefits realisation review plan, KPIs)
* Manage the integration of project outputs into business-as-usual, addressing the readiness of users, compatibility of work systems and the realisation of benefits
* Prior experience in managing projects and implementing change
* Able to demonstrate successful delivery of 2/3 projects
* Some prior experience or knowledge of insurance or reinsurance and the London insurance market
* Some prior experience of using Microsoft Visio and/or Microsoft SharePoint
* Project Management qualification - PRINCE 2 practitioner, APM etc.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondence such as email responses using appropriate business language
* Proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint to an advanced level, including the ability to produce documents to a high standard with appropriate formatting
* Demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness and interest in learning new skills
* Proactive and effective approach to problem solving
Please an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager seeking their next step up in regards to responsibilities and gain exposure to a wide variety of change programmes.
Please contact us ASAP for more information as this an urgent hire and will ideally be seeking a January start.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.