Excellent Contract Opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager with a highly reputable Financial Services organisation in Edinburgh. This organisation are currently undergoing the largest Business Transformation in the Scottish Market and need motivated and experienced contractors who have proven experience in delivering large scale and complex IT programmes.
This person will be oversee a large programme aligned to delivering workplace technologies and services.
This programme will involve migrating users, content and collaboration tools from the various heritage organisations onto a single global systems and services platform.
The scope of these services include:
* Global Desktop in a number of virtual and physical versions
* User facing collaboration components: email, Lync, mobile access
* Content systems: Fileshares, SharePoint, eDocs
* Collaboration systems: Video conferencing, Room Booking system
* Telephony Service: Desk phones, Mobile phone service provider, Dealerboards,
Develop and manage the Workplace teams to deliver in scope solutions that underpin the clients desktop environment, content and collaboration tools. within agreed time, budget and quality.
Provide leadership and direction for project teams within the Workplace workstream
Liaise with and manage stakeholders and sponsors both within ITS and the applicable business communities.
Create and build successful delivery partnerships with dependent workstreams
Manage 3rd party resources and services, in terms of quality, timeliness and transparency of delivery. Source new or additional 3rd party resources or services as required,
Leverage dedicated and shared technical engineering and architecture resources to ensure the deliveries are technical feasible, compliance and designed to meet the business requirements
Leverage other shared project resources and BAU service providers as required
Ensure all applicable workpackages have realistic, accurate and up to date project plans and resource forecasts.
Ensure workstream, programme and client specific required documentation and project artefacts are maintained, kept current and accurate. Including but not limited to
* RAID artefacts
* Costs Tracking
* Workpackage Definition documents and log
* Resource forecasts
* Programme status reporting
Work with the Service transition team to ensures new services are transitioned into the live environment smoothly and with minimal impact to existing services.
Facilitate the smooth running of programme governance processes, including Workstream and project steering Groups, regular reporting, KPIS and dashboards to actively track and manage progress
Effectively manage risks, issues and dependencies in and out of the workplace workstream
Enable the resolution of blockers, risks and issue and leverage opportunities to accelerate and/or simplify deliveries. Escalating where needed.
Apply and enhance a delivery strategy in collaboration with existing policies and processes along with the programme management office (PMO) function
* Managing or delivery a desktop environment
* Track record of delivering successful application or infrastructure projects
* Solid understanding of Project management tools and methodologies
* Commercial acumen and ability manage project costs and forecasts
* Experience manging 3rd party providers and resources
* Stakeholder and customer management
* Experience of managing people in direct and matrixed environments
* Ability to multitask, balancing the demands of day-to-day issues and activities with the successful delivery of large complex projects
* Management or delivery of Content management and collaboration tools.
* Enterprise Identity and access management systems
* Microsoft environments, packages and services
* Delivery mind-set
* Business/Customer centric
* Able to delegate and deliver work through others
* Excellent resource allocation and planning ability
* Demonstrates an empathetic approach when dealing with others
* Ability to coach individual team members and create a high performing team
* Excellent leadership skills and the ability to inspire confidence
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, clarify and share information easily
* The ability to build strong working relationships and to be able to persuade and influence a range of people at all levels and across cultural and global boundaries
* A diplomatic and adaptable team working style and works collaboratively with colleagues
* Dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations
* Resilient and able to remain calm and positive under pressure and when dealing with ambiguity
* Is delivery focussed and drives forward quality of service
* Decisive and mature in judgement
* A commitment to the highest level of integrity
* Able to resolve complex problems taking a proactive approach to analyse the issues and generate solutions
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age