Production Team Leader
Our chosen business partner is a manufacturer of high temperature materials and components. They operate an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System for the design, development and manufacturing of specialized high performance engineering materials and components.
The person selected for this role will be of a calibre to be able to progress through the company quickly; therefore we are looking for ambitious applicants who are looking to take the next step in their careers. The applicant must have a proven track record of carrying out and being involved in continuous improvement projects. These improvements form the main focus of this role, with the day to day good management of the department being treated as a given.
* Assess production operative skills and identify and implement training plans.
* To monitor aspects of health and safety in the department. Carrying out H&S inspections in the department, checking and ensuring that all operatives are trained.
* To assist other departments in estimating costing of jobs and arranging the production of samples for the procurement of new business.
* Investigate and implement ways to increase output to improve departmental labour performance.
* Be integral to continuous improvement projects and drive through change management.
* Continuously Investigate reasons for waste and create solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
* Responsible for the writing of manufacturing procedures and training of operators.
* To carry out quality audits to ensure operators are following procedures.
* Ensure that stock levels are accurate at all times and that regular stock takes are implemented.
* Ensure that any machinery issues are reported promptly and arrange downtime for maintenance to be carried out.
* Ideally some leadership or management training.
* 3-5 years experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Able to remain calm and clear headed at times of high pressure and high demand.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Proactive and solution orientated with the ability to cope in difficult/demanding situations.
* Strong leadership and people skills.
* Ability to delegate tasks efficiently.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.