Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Senior Production Supervisor Required - Scunthorpe - £32k per year
We are currently looking to hire an experienced senior production supervisor to work in our client's factory in the Scunthorpe area. Our client are and electronic engineering company who support customers with cable harnesses, electrical components and complex electrical mechanical assemblies via four business divisions.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Production Supervisor to head up the current production team of around 70 operatives. This team consists of 3 direct report supervisors and as a Senior member of the supervisory team, you would report directly into the General Manager.
Our client are looking for an innovative and passionate people person, with a positive attitude and an infectious energy level who can motivate, manage operatives and facilitate direct customer contact, sales order processing, materials management, capacity planning, manufacturing and the involvement in all cross-functional aspects of all business operational functions.
The successful candidate will display strong collaboration skills as this role is one that works between key functions and supports our Sales team on new products, projects and technical matters. We work hard to have a customer focused environment within the production area and create closed loops to the customer on their order fulfilment process i.e. order receipt, production scheduling, manufacturing and through to dispatch/receipt.
You will ideally have the following experience
* Previous experience managing and motivating production teams
* Experience working with other internal functions such as HR, Finance, Sales, Supply Chain and external customers and suppliers.
* Ability to lead, manage performance, KPIs and develop teams.
* Experience working in a customer service orientated business.
* Strong planning and organising skills.
* Experience managing production/manufacturing teams, targets and schedules.
* Experience in ensuring Quality if maintained, monitored and continually reviewed to ensure high standards and continued improvement.
* Experience using production, manufacturing systems such as AS400 or similar.
* Experience monitoring stock and inventory levels.
* Proven experience developing Lean processes including 5S strategy and manufacturing efficiencies.
* Strong problems solving and analytic skills, with a keen eye for detail.
On offer is a permanent position, with an annual salary of £32,000. You will be working in a clean, tidy and pleasant working environment for a company who do not rotate shifts, will all work taking place during core day hours and an early finish on a Friday
To discuss this position further, please either apply on line or contact Richard on 01133088007
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.