Production Manager - North Wales - £40,000 to £50,000 doe
Our chosen business partner is using us exclusive on this headhunting project. This role is a centre stone within the business and it is imperative we find the correct calibre candidate. Having had a huge cash investment recently they are currently in an expansion phase to double the size of the manufacturing facility in North Wales. They specialise within the production of fmcg products and ideally need somebody with experience with this sector.
* Maintain regular contact with other department's e.g. technical, quality, sales and materials to ensure that all productive requirements are maintained and problems identified / resolved.
* Plan, introduce and monitor maintenance / housekeeping to ensure that downtime is kept to a minimum.
* Maintain a general awareness of new developments in production processes to ensure that the Company makes use of relevant technological developments.
* Direct and control operatives / staff at site to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated to carry out responsibilities to the required levels of quality and productivity.
* Oversee all operating processes within the site to ensure that the most efficient and effective use is made of plant, equipment and labour resources.
* Responsible for providing cover to a second site as required.
* Ensure that all relevant health and safety standards are maintained along with the maintenance of all housekeeping to the required standard.
* Monitor output to ensure that production meets all standards in terms of quality and quantity.
* Maintain a general awareness on all relevant HR / employment issues to assist in the management of personnel.
* Maintain all necessary production records, including stock accuracy, along with the monitoring of volume and quality of output. Where necessary adjust the production process (with agreement of Quality / Process Department) through changes in equipment / labour to meet all targets.
* Monitor and act upon information regarding staff absence in order to ensure that whenever possible, absenteeism is minimised in order to maintain efficient output. Conduct Return to Work interviews, as necessary.
* Responsible for developing sub-ordinate staff at site to provide short term operational cover.
* Proven supervisory / management experience within a fast moving manufacturing environment.
* Attainment of a relevant management qualification (minimum NVQ 3 or equivalent).
* Background knowledge in a relevant industrial manufacturing sector.
* Working knowledge of the plant, equipment and processes used at each finishing site.
* Implementation of the Company's ERP system relevant to the production role.
* Good communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Good organising, co-ordinating and time management skills
* Proven ability to develop and motivate personnel at site(s).
* Familiar with CHP process desirable.
* Supply management experience.
* Liaising with internal stakeholders.
* Experience in change management.
* Stock and logistics control.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.