Product Development Technologist
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
12 month Contract
Bimonthly International Travel Required
My client, a specialist nutrition company based in Liverpool, is looking to recruit a Product Development Technologist for their Medical division. The role of the Product Development Technologist is to identify new ideas and lead the technical stages of design, formulation and development of both clinical trial and commercial product for launch. The role requires technical responsibility of a portfolio of innovations and maintenance projects and providing technical portfolio support. Working closely with all functions of the business, cross site and as part of a project team is an essential part of this role.
Key responsibilities of the Product Development Technologist are:
* To work cross functionally and progress to time a portfolio of technical projects.
* To be responsible for all technical and process aspects of projects from concept to launch. This will require working cross-functionally with many areas of the business to cover aspects such as product composition and product design, packaging and process, legislation, support to costing, manufacturing (in house and externally) and technical support to marketing.
* To pro-actively look for opportunities to innovate via the development and introduction of new process/technologies - an ability to identify technical solutions to new innovative ideas is key to this role.
* To provide ongoing technical support to the business for new and existing products.
* Preparation of reports and presentations to senior levels.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A BSc or equivalent in a scientific discipline relevant to food or pharmaceuticals with relevant product development experience
* Proven creative flair for NPD
* Knowledge and expertise of process technologies (including in house processes, liquids & powders and ingredient interactions) with FMCG or pharmaceutical background
* Demonstration of a high level of technical knowledge when communicating internally and externally
* Excellent communication and leadership skills to drive cross-functional project teams
* Significant relevant work experience
* Ability to prioritize workload effectively and enthusiasm to independently
* Highly committed to see projects through to completion
For more information on this role please contact Alannah Fisher on 0161 835 8640 or alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.