My client is a growing supplier to major high end retailers and due to growth and new business, they are looking to recruit for a Product Developer. This role will be essential to the smooth running of the supply chain and customer satisfaction.
In order to be considered for this position you will have:
- Ability to take ownership of product development and range building for key customers
- Creative flair and an interest in developing product essential
- Excellent communication skills both over e-mail and face to face
- Experience in a buying role would also be an advantage to understand the whole process
- Ability to be able to build strong relationships with both customers and suppliers
- Create design briefs for factories
- Working with both customers and suppliers in order to engineer product to meet target costs
- Critical path management to ensure samples in arrive in time to meet customer deadlines
- Carry out market analysis of UK trends and competitor ranges in order to identify missed opportunities
- Willingness to travel within the UK for client meetings and to Europe and the Far East to visit trade fairs and suppliers as and when required, sometimes at short notice
In return, you will earn a salary of up to £30k, have 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays and a company pension scheme after 3 months. There is also free parking on site for all staff.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.