Working as a procurement specialist you will:
- Ensure that the company receives best value for money from its suppliers
- That purchase orders are maintained in line with MRP suggestions
- Materials are provided on time, to cost and at the specified quality
- To ensure obsolescence and wastage are prevented on a regular basis by continuously monitoring and amending demand levels in line with exception reports
- Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities performed
- Prepare and send out RFQs (Request for Quotation) to supply base
- Using bench marking techniques, identify & introduce competition
- The company supply base, evaluate responses from suppliers and select most competitive suppliers for order placement.
- Ensure that new suppliers are appraised through relevant quality approval & evaluation system prior to inclusion on the company's approved vendors list ( AVL ).
- Ensure supplier adherence to SLA conditions & terms and conditions of purchase.
The successful candidate will have:
- Be educated to HNC or HND standard, ideally with a CIPS level 3 or above qualification.
- Significant experience of a large fully integrated MRP/ERP system.
- Effective and articulate communicator.
- ISO auditor preferred (9001 or 13485)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.