Search Global is a global mining recruitment specialist providing the full cycle recruitment assistance to major and junior mining companies. Currently we are looking for Procurement Manager for mega mining project. This is the unique opportunity to be a part of management team from early stages of the mine to it's fully operational cycle.
Position Description: The Procurement Manager is responsible to plan, organize and control the activities of the Owners Procurement Group. Including day to day management and all procurement activities in accordance with existing standards, policies and procedures, applicable by local Law, company internal departments for sourcing of goods including: bidding, negotiating, preparation, administration and management.
* Aligning overall organizational strategy with suppliers with the focus on building partnerships;
* Oversee Procurement, Logistic and Warehousing departments
* Establish and develop the procurement team with sufficient trained staff to carry out the tasks of over sight of the EPCM process
* Plan and build a professional supporting team;
* Development of long term supply contracts;
* Inventory decisions, including quantity, location, and quality of inventory;
* Organizing department effectively to ensure satisfaction of internal and external suppliers and customers;
* Recognize and execute training and development opportunities for supporting team members.
* Vendor activities and operations with suppliers and other stakeholders
* Staff mobilisation to site and back
* Develop and implement procurement policy, procedures and systems and monitor suppliers KPI's
* Lead the procurement team with sufficient trained staff to carry out the tasks of over sight of the EPCM process
* Train and develop personnel
* Develop plans and strategies based on Company/EPCM requirements
* Company finance, business management
* 15+ years experience, in relevant areas of Procurement and general supply chain management;
* Must be proficient in strategic sourcing, contract development and supplier management;
* Candidates experienced with large and mega mining projects (over $1bn) on Owners team will be preferable
* Experience with ERP business systems;
* Excellent negotiation skills;
* Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter/owner type person
* Ability to manage large workload with numerous demands occurring at the same time;
* Good communication skills - verbal and written both internally and externally;
* Strong analytical abilities;
* Excellent leadership skills but also very hands-on;
* Remote & cold climate experience;
* Happy to do business trips to mine sites globally and for long term international assignments
For More information please contact Michal Szypkowski email@example.com or apply here:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.