Procurement Category Manager
Our chosen business partner is experiencing a steady period of growth. They are a leading manufacturer of energy products. An exciting vacancy has arisen within the UK Supply Chain function at our Preston site for a Procurement Category Manager to join the team. The main purpose of this role is to effectively manage a number of supply categories across UK operations in support of the requirements of the Business, in line with the UK Procurement strategies. The role is focused on achieving the required levels of quality and service from suppliers whilst delivering a competitive cost advantage to the business on both existing and new product variants.
* Develop documented individual category/supplier plans to include cost analysis, alternative supplier/supply solutions, supplier development plan, risk analysis etc.
* Manage negotiations with all Category suppliers to ensure key financial targets and other key performance indicators are achieved
* Establish strong working relationships with all cross functional Group and Local stakeholder, especially R&D, Quality, Product Management, Finance and Operations
* Ensure that key safe behaviours of the UK business are incorporated into the full supply chain and its personnel.
* Have the passion and drive
* Proven track record within a Category Management Procurement role
* Experience within a high volume manufacturing environment across a number of different key areas of supply
* Ability to deliver change and innovate improvements within supplier relationship management, as well as achieve demonstrable improvements in quality, reliability and cost management/improvement
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.