Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
I am thrilled to be exclusively partnering with a market leader within the FMCG industry on their search for a Procurement Director (Head of) based in Liverpool. This is a brand new position to the business and is a fantastic opportunity for any ambitious purchasing professional looking for their next step into a senior leadership role.
The Procurement Director will be responsible for the direct & indirect procurement functions, overseeing the purchasing budget for the entire business, and managing a team of 5 Buyers.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Drive, develop and deliver the purchasing strategy across the business.
* Responsible for the entire purchasing budget, overseeing a team of 5 buyers.
* Drive exceptional performance inline with the companies values and strategic goals.
* Responsible for a portfolio of 20,000 lines across grocery, frozen and chilled goods.
* Identify potential suppliers (national & international) ensuring commercial terms are agreed.
* Manage and continually develop relationships with existing suppliers ensuring performance levels are inline with business needs.
* Lead of exclusive agreements and terms with manufacturers across various markets.
* Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers for quality, value and lead times.
* Lead on all in-direct procurement as per the business requirements day to day.
* Regular reporting, forecasting and budget management.
* Promote team development, coaching and succession plans.
Key skills required for the role:
* Experience leading the purchasing/procurement function for a business ideally within the FMCG industry.
* Team management experience across a buying function.
* Previous exposure to procurement budgets and reporting to senior stakeholders.
* A leader that is passionate about developing others and achieving success.
* Experience across a broad range of buying channels is essential with evidence of success.
* Good people skills with a sound work ethic.
* Organised with strong attention to detail combined with a passion for brands and food.
* The right candidate must be IT literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
This is a permanent role offering a salary up to £65,000 + benefits (car + bonus) based in Liverpool. For further information on the position please reach out to Jessica directly.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.