Position Title: Process Technician
- Concentrate Receiving & Drying.
- Wet & Dry Gas Cleaning.
- ETP & Utilities.
- Reduction Furnace
- Calcine Furnace
Responsible for the operation of the plant, working a rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality by inspecting, monitoring, troubleshooting and document plant processes by reading plant measuring and monitoring equipment through SCADA systems and other instrumentation.
* Have a strong awareness of the company's vision and actively supports the company's core values as contribution to our business.
- Environment: Protection of our permits and our environment.
- Our People: Protection and health of our people and community.
- Integrity: In dealings with all those we interact with.
- Excellence: In technology, innovation and in quality and service.
* Comply with HSE procedures and systems at all times, to ensure the safety of you and your colleagues. Report any HSE observations or unsafe acts to your Line Management immediately and enter them on the system.
* Analyze all processes, identify all fundamental issues and assist in appropriate resolution.
* Participate in various process projects and provide research for all developmental teams.
* Monitor all objectives and communicate with various teams for all performance.
* Carryout housekeeping in his area of responsibility to highest 5s standards. This includes cleaning equipment and related work areas.
* Always adhere to the HSE Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Motive, lead and coach team members to do the same,
* Generating equipment notifications
* Actively participate in the daily safe -start meetings and the weekly safety meetings.
* Attend HSE training; translate the learning into action on the job.
* Minimise waste and spillages to ensure clean, efficient, cost effective operations.
* Apply the authorisation and escalation procedures, including ensuring that:
* All workers have safe access to equipment and that access is in strict compliance with THE COMPANY
* The Supervisor is informed immediately of any accidents or unforeseen problems.
* Ensure of using full PPEs & PPCs while on site/task
* Conduct SOP reviews and to create new SOP for new tasks.
* Dedicated areas in smelting plant (hot side, cool side) are in 5S format throughout the year. Report any deviation if immediate correction cannot be done.
* Make sure all doors and barrier around the machine closed and locked.
* To have in place an operator development plan and to share/review it with direct leader.
* Ensure the department KPIs are met/on target.
* Report any fault or abnormality immediately to the CRT & SS.
* Ensure quality sampling is in place and the samples are taken on time to the laboratory.
* Ensure Isolation is done on time as per agreed with the service provider & Operation.
* Ensure to de-isolate on time and to communicate with CRT & SS.
* Process Technicians may be subjected to workplace rotation as and when required.
* Regular review of the production schedule and Feed Recipe.
* Routine inspection of equipment including cleaning and maintenance in accordance with operational instructions.
* Documentation of routine production processes and ensure accuracy of all data.
* Reporting of data to senior colleagues as per the communication protocol.
* Close adherence to internal SOPs and external regulations.
* Quick and effective diagnosis of routine problems in their respective process areas.
* Awareness of when to involve senior staff in more complex problems.
* Monitoring any variables within the process and making adjustments when required.
* Ensure that any spills are actioned immediately and managed as per the procedure.
* Start up or shut down planning of machinery when required.
* Reporting and documenting when maintenance or repairs are necessary.
* Handle equipment maintenance and tagout as per standard operating procedure.
* Advanced working knowledge of pumps, compressors, control systems, chemicals etc.
* Potential backfills for Control Room Technician.
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Chemical/Metallurgist) with minimum 6 years industrial experience.
Diploma in Engineering (Chemical/Metallurgist) with minimum 7 years industrial experience.
* Very good group communication skills.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.