My client is actively seeking an experienced Senior Solicitor to join their expanding Contentious Probate Team in South Manchester.
Duties will include:
* Advise clients on all types of probate litigation, including IPFDA claims, validity challenges, and removal of executors, construction applications and claims for proprietary estoppel.
* Draft Larke-v-Nugus letters and interrogate and interpret responses.
* Act for claimants and defendants on IPFDA claims and validity challenges, included drafting proceedings, drafting witness statements, undertaking disclosure and instructing counsel.
* Assess and review enquiries and advising members of the public. Converting those enquiries into clients.
* Give accurate, prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients' enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
* Involvement in practice development, not only for the Dispute Resolution department, but also for the other legal services offered by the firm.
* Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm's policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
* Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
* Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
If you have any queries in relation to this role or would like a confidential chat then please contact Sarah Fleming in the Legal division at Search Consultancy in Manchester for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.