International Private Client Solicitor
5 PQE +
West End - London
This is a very exciting role, joining a successful law firm with a distinguished reputation built up over many years.
The team provides specialist legal advice on the whole spectrum of private and business issues, helping clients to preserve and transmit their family assets and wealth.
This practice area is highlighted in Chambers and is currently developing its international capabilities, regularly handling matters for a range of clients including entrepreneurs, hedge fund managers and CEOs. They advise high net worth families in the USA, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Offshore work for private banks and trustees is a regular feature.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the international aspects of UK tax and will be a technically capable tax and private client practitioner. His or her experience will include advising on:
* The transfer of assets code
* The CGT and income tax settlements codes, including the changes introduced by Finance Acts 2017 and 2018
* The remittance basis of taxation
* The taxation of corporate gains
* Excluded property status
* The statutory residence test
* Domicile and deemed domicile
* The taxation of UK residential property (inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax and stamp duty land tax, annual tax on enveloped dwellings) and structuring the ownership of such property
* The UK taxation of different investment types
He or she will also be familiar with advising in the context of trusts, structuring and international succession issues.
To be suitable for this position, you will be a qualified lawyer with qualified international private client law experience from a similar calibre firm.
Great benefits available as standard for a top city firm - as well as flexible working arrangements.
Please call Catherine Knowles on 0203 151 2151 or at Catherine.email@example.com.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.