Temp Print Services Assistant
based Manchester City Centre
£10.08 per hour
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Faculty's Print Services Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Design and Print Services Officer in delivering the day-to-day tasks of the print and photographics unit. They will help to assist in the effective delivery of services and production of printed materials in line with University and Faculty objectives and guidelines.
They will support a variety of print-related services including general colour printing, poster/banner printing, lamination and high-quality thesis printing.
They will be a point of contact for staff and students within the Faculty making requests for print and related services. They will liaise with customers both internal and external as appropriate, and may be required to liaise with external suppliers as directed by Design and Print Services Officer, to ensure a consistent, high-quality output is maintained at all times.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Understanding of the latest large format print, technology, software, systems and services.
* Experience of working in a customer-focused, technical support service and a demonstrable commitment to excellent customer service.
* Experience in the use of large format and high quality print technologies.
* Experience of using Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Publisher
* Good communication skills (written and oral), demonstrating an ability to deal with a wide range of people.
* Good organisational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise a variety of daily operational tasks in a busy environment, meeting deadlines.
* A flexible team player with the ability to support colleagues.
* Strong numeracy skills demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Demonstrable commitment to the University's strategy, vision and values.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age