Print and Mail Operator (Post Room Operative) - London - £12.50 - 3 Month Contract
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Print & Mail Operator in Central London to assist in the provision oft the best possible print, finishing and mail room service in relation to all customer requests for printed material locally in the print room and mail services throughout the building.
Initially the job will be for 3 months with possible extension depending on requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide a high quality, on time print and finishing service to the businesses based within this iconic location.
* Maintain and use all Print and finishing equipment within the print room.
* Develop understanding and demonstrate knowledge of specific print software, booklet making and finishing techniques and digital printing equipment within the print room.
* Ensure print room is stocked correctly and monitor, order stock from Edinburgh when required.
* Collect all incoming mail
* Collect all courier items from the post room
* Collect all logistics deliveries and deliver to the appropriate location.
* To include desk drops, pick-ups across all floors and fulfilment of ad hoc requests such as collecting boxes and delivering presentations.
* Collect all outbound Royal Mail postage and prep for collection and record on the RM system OBA (online business account)
* Prepare RM recorded and special deliveries and log for collection at the end of the day
* Prepare all courier out bound items and have ready for collection by UPS or DPD if and when required
* Resolve customer enquiries fairly and effectively, in a timely and accurate manner.
* Identifying any potential problems, get to the root cause and take appropriate action to escalate and/or resolve as appropriate.
* Proactively promote in-house lower cost print options and the different services we can provide within each print room
* Responsible for following core processes to ensure optimisation of the customer experience and be responsible for the good service our print and mail rooms are known for.
* Building valuable customer relationships by developing a solid understanding of a customer and needs.
* Demonstrating flexibility in working patterns to meet business needs and customer volumes.
* Keeping up to date with software and hardware changes and the range of equipment within the print and mail room
* Keeping up to date with product and / or process knowledge as required for role.
* Maximising opportunities to retain and grow customers where applicable
What you'll need:
* A pro-active approach, using your initiative and the ability to pick up new skills quickly
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Previous experience within this type of environment will be an advantage
* Competence using MS Office and picking up new computer software skills
* The ability to deliver 5* customer service and understand customers needs and build relationships.
* Advantage to have a basic understanding of PRISMA, In-design and adobe acrobat along with understanding of print production and techniques.
What you'll receive
* An excellent placement within a well established business based within an iconic location with excellent transport links
* Competitive Salary
* Solid 3 month contract with potential to extend
* Accrued holiday and auto-enrolment pension
Are you the best person for the role? Are you available immediately? Then please apply below
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age