City of London, London
3 months ago
2x Policy Officers Required - London - 12 month FTC/ Perm
Salary: £32,000-£34,000 DOE
Hours: 35 Hour per week (9-5pm - Mon -Fri)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a candidate with previous experience in Policy/ Regulations/Guidance to join this busy regulatory body in the heart of London.
You will be pivotal in supporting the development of creative, proportionate, pragmatic and evidence-based policy or strategy, processes and guidance to support delivery of the company's policy programme.
The two positions will be based in one of the following departments:
? Standards & Ethics
? Education & Standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supporting the development of evidence-based policy proposals, strategy, guidance or other protocols.
* Working closely with workstream leads, operational teams and policy teams to deliver practical and operationally effective policy or strategy proposals within agreed milestones.
* Drafting a wide range of clear and concise documents for internal and external audiences, in house style and often to tight deadlines. This includes draft guidance or other procedural documents, draft responses to consultations or external calls for evidence, briefing for senior colleagues, and high quality papers and presentations to senior colleagues.
* Contributing to equality analyses.
* Supporting development of research and/or engagement activity required as part of the policy or strategy development process.
* Developing strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. This will involve establishing those relationships and developing credibility with these stakeholders.
* Representing your team and directorate at internal meetings, as required.
* Representing the business at external meetings across the UK and travelling to the company's offices across the UK, as required.
* Applying and managing the relevant diversity and equality policy and practice relevant to the role.
* Any other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time.
What you'll need
* The understanding of the complex and challenging environment in which the business operates and the ability to apply knowledge critically and strategically.
* The ability to quickly become familiar with the policy, relevant legislation and the programmes of work of the team.
* The ability to identify, understand and clearly explain policy, strategy and legislation development that impact an organisation's functions including its operational responsibilities.
* The ability to research, analyse, interpret, summarise and present complex information in a systematic and coherent way.
* Ability to use MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiently and creatively.
* Clear communications skills and the ability to write clear, concise reports, Board and Council papers, and other documents using plain English.
* Ability to present complex information, policy options, and the arguments for or against a particular policy position fluently and persuasively.
* Excellent interpersonal skills working with key internal and external contacts. It is important that the post-holder has relationship management skills and professional credibility to quickly build positive working relationships.
* Effective time and project management skills are essential. The post-holder will need to demonstrate the ability to deal with the conflicting demands of a varied workload; and the ability to prioritise and plan the work to ensure that objectives and agreed milestones are met and a good standard of work is delivered.
* Ability to think creatively and lead/contribute to discussion during the policy development process.
* Ability to identify problems, and develop and recommend proportionate, innovative and pragmatic solutions.
* The confidence and ability to suggest improvements to the policy development process.
What you'll receive
* An excellent opportunity within a large, well recognised and stable institution
* Excellent central location with great transport links
* Competitive salary
* Annual Leave - 25 days + 1 per every year up to a maximum of 30 days
* Workplace pension
* Private Medical Insurance
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Childcare worker scheme
Are you looking for a new fantastic opportunity, then please apply below.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.