PLC Software Engineer
Search is currently recruiting a PLC Software Engineer for an established company specialising in the development and manufacture of advanced automated manufacturing equipment used in the precision manufacture of gas turbine engine parts.
The PLC Software Engineer will join the talented multi-disciplined engineering team with principal skills including Electrical, Mechanical, Process Engineering and will be responsible translating customer requirements into detailed designs and realisation, upgrading legacy systems and R&D projects.
Software engineering / programming for advanced machine equipment including:
* Systems-level and low-level software development (application)
* Integration of complex system components to the logic controller
* Code reviews, testing and debugging for in house and 3rd party developed software
* Write and maintain development documentation such as specifications, test plans and design documentation
* Work to Design for Manufacture principles (DFM)
* Liaise directly with suppliers, customers and production to ensure projects run smoothly
* Educated to Degree level in Electronics, Software, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
* JAVA application programming interface
* Knowledge of additional languages such as C/C++/C# is desirable
* Web Frameworks such as AngularJS, Bootstrap would be desirable
* Good understanding of build automation and automated testing
* Familiarity with Siemens and/or Heidenhain controls would be advantageous
* Knowledge of CAD/CAM packages would also be beneficial
With an excellent starting salary up to £45000 with great benefits, this is an excellent opportunity to work with a growing company with a well known brand and enviable list of customers.
Please apply or contact Stephen Davis - email@example.com / 0113 308 8058 to discuss.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.