Plant Quality Engineer
Our chosen business partner is experiencing a steady period of growth. They are a leading manufacturer of commercial energy products and are experiencing continued growth due to acquisitions. Although this company has outgrown its SME status it has always maintained its personalised family feel environment and values all team members.
An exciting vacancy has arisen within the Engineering Department in Milton Keynes for a Plant Quality Engineer to join the team. Reporting directly to the Plant Quality Manager, the main purpose of this role is to ensure our supplier's products and processes meet the company's quality and technical specifications. You will go on regular visits to the suppliers to audit, support, train and actively promote continuous improvement activities to ensure product quality is advancing.
* Lead on projects from design to manufacture ensuring a risk free transition.
* Develop, support and maintain approval and control procedures.
* Be the key interface between the customer and the site for raised quality concerns.
* To reduce the business COPQ and drive improvements in CI.
* Maintain Quality daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
* Ensure effective management of corrective and preventive actions.
* Carry out scheduled system and layered audits to ensure continued effectiveness.
* Working knowledge of core tools APQP, PPAP, SPC, R&R, Cpk , FMEA and control plan
* Read and work from technical drawings (GD&T)
* Experience of completing system and layered audits - ISO9001 systems
* A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Be self-motivated and work well as a team
* Have a hands on approach
* LEAN manufacturing knowledge, LSS Black/Green belt desirable
* Gas and Pipework experience also advantageous
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.