Construction Planner - Newcastle - Main Contractor
Working alongside one of the largest main contractors in the United Kingdom we are looking to recruit a Planner with the strategic mind and drive to deliver the best. Overseeing the Planning process, you'll exemplify our commitment to Health & Safety, and ensuring quality and best practice will be second nature to you. You'll manage the planning process of construction projects across the North East region.
You'll be joining a forward thinking business that prides its self on delivering flagship projects and thrives on achieving results that benefit all. Along with this forward thinking approach our client offers fantastic opportunities for career development and are known for promoting from within the business.
* Strategic development of planning procedures to ensure best practice and robustness, including regional protocol for bid and construction stage planning, programme control and reporting
* Provide planning support to all regional bids, managing the appraisal and review process to identify programme constraints, statutory and contractual obligations, analyse and manage programme risk, and develop efficient programme and logistics solutions and material in support of bid submissions
* Support the bid team to achieve commercially attractive tender solutions
* Co-ordinate / assist in the preparation and delivery of Client presentations / interview
* Manage the transfer of programme intelligence from bid to contract stage, including programme assumptions, resource and output calculations, supply
* Ensure operational programme reporting follows Critical Path Analysis principles and provides analysis and commentary on consumption of programme float
* Undertake and prepare delay analysis and collation of reports in conjunction with Project Management Teams
* Ensure that the regional planning function is kept abreast of the latest changes in legal opinion and case law
* Experience in a Planning role or significant experience in front-end construction project management
* The ability to operate at a strategic level, reviewing and developing procedures to reflect industry best practice
* To be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of design, procurement and commercial processes, and the inter-dependencies and impact on planning and programming
* To be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of forms of contract, construction law, construction technology, modern construction techniques and time and resource management
If this sounds like the exciting new opportunity for you or you have any questions about the above please click apply or contact Sean Collard at Search Consultancy
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.