Search Consultancy are looking to recruit a Personal Advisor into Worcestershire County Council. The successful candidate will be working within a stable and supportive team and will be paid a very competitive rate of pay. This is a temporary role initially for 3 months but could well go on much longer or lead to a permanent role for the right candidate.
Main purpose of job:
* To work with the Team Manager and others to operate an effective duty system within the Care leavers Service
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
* To support young people leaving care to develop their own skills, confidence and self-esteem
* To ensure positive and effective relationships with:
Young people, their families and carers, Other Children's Services staff and partner agencies, Support Services and accommodation providers within statutory, voluntary and private sectors, including staff in training, employment and Health agencies.
* To deliver effective and flexible service in partnership with young people which supports them through the process of leaving care, from preparation through transition into consolidation
* To assist care leavers in obtaining suitable accommodation
* To support care leavers in pursuing appropriate education, training and employment to promote their social inclusion, monitoring their participation
* To act as a Young Person's Adviser under the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000
* To contribute to assessments and reviews with young people and appropriate agencies
* To assist in developing and co-ordinating individually tailored support/Pathway Plans with each young person, identifying goals, tasks and the means of achieving these within agreed timescales
* To attend and contribute to low-complexity relevant meetings and events (e.g., planning meetings, statutory reviews, case conferences) and to represent the organisation as required
* To maintain contact with young people wherever they are living
* To contribute to the Preparation for Independent Living groupwork programme as appropriate
* To participate in Team Meetings and events as required
* To maintain up-to-date records and statistics in line with Worcestershire County Council policies
* To ensure all relevant information is treated in accordance with the Team's confidentiality policies
* To actively encourage and facilitate the participation of Service Users in all aspects of the Service
* To be responsible for the practical application of Worcestershire County Council's Equality & Diversity Policy in all aspects of work and to provide a service which values diversity
* To promote awareness of Worcestershire County Council Children's Services complaints procedures
* To carry out all duties in accordance Worcestershire County Council policies, standards and practice guidance and Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Board
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age