Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
28 days ago
Fabric Inspection Operative
Fabric Finishing Department
Salary To be discussed at interview
Monday to Friday
(37.5 hours per week - early afternoon/evening shift)
**Please note that the lengths of daily shifts will vary**
I am looking for a highly motivated individual to join a fast-paced quality control section, within the fabric finishing team.
If you enjoy a physical job, working independently and have a keen eye for detail this job could be right for you.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Quality control and visual inspection of fabrics over an inspection perch, to perform checks for weight, appearance and colour against product specifications.
* Identification of faults or other issues.
* Recording of all inspection results by using both our in-house system and excel package.
* Working with Production and Technical teams to problem solve and achieve scheduled deadlines.
* Working as part of the team with the general upkeep of maintenance and housekeeping of the machinery, equipment and department.
* Involvement with continual improvement within the department.
Necessary skills needed for the role:
* Attention to detail when handling and processing fabrics
* Ability to clearly follow written and verbal instructions
* Accuracy of recording inspection results
* Computer literate
* A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
* The ability to prioritise and organise your own workload
* Previous experience working in a textile manufacturing environment
* Inspection of fabrics and recording of data.
At the perch we check the dimensions, weight and thickness of each piece. We also inspect for solid colour, streakiness and marks.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.