My client is a market leading organisation based in the centre of Birmingham who have a fantastic reputation in the market. Due to growth, they are now looking to recruit an administrator based within their internal benefits and pension team and this role is being recruited on a permanent basis.
Key duties include:
* Dealing with current and former staff and partners covering both DB and DC benefits;
* Requirement to undertake work for demanding scheme members with often complex pension arrangements;
* A need to be able to work on projects, such as GMP remediation, change management to meet the organisation's wider independence requirements;
You will also:
* Comply with ALL internal procedures
* Undertake routine tasks including logging post, photocopying and filing
* Demonstrate a basic understanding of pensions legislation
* Demonstrate an understanding of a portfolio of schemes assigned to you
* Work is completed to a high level of accuracy
* Demonstrate good administration and organisation skills
* Maintenance of your own work log, feeding upwards in a timely manner where support is required or any disclosure requirements are about to be breached
* Able to manage conflicting priorities, seeking guidance from seniors where necessary
* Demonstrate good communication skills face to face, by phone and email
* Accurate recording of telephone calls and responding where appropriate, seeking guidance from others as required
* Provide on the job training to administration assistants/other administrators where required
* Demonstrate building of relationships with clients through day to day contact
* Identify work which is non-routine prior to undertaking and raise with the senior
* Provide open and honest feedback
* Maintain a professional attitude at all times
* Maintain personal outlook and client inboxes, logging and dealing with emails where necessary
* Demonstrate a good understanding of Excel including the ability to produce manual calculations
* Flag any errors or omissions to the scheme's administration manager immediately upon discovery/notification
* Full maintenance of member's records within the administration database
* Dealing with member certificates/identification
* Completion of routine calculations, processing of benefits for all movements and activity e.g. leavers, new entrants, retirements, transfers, deaths on a portfolio of schemes assigned to them
* Processing and setting up benefits either via the scheme and liaising with payroll as necessary, or via an annuity purchase.
* Calculating and processing any increases to pensions in payment as applicable
* Production of scheme stewardship reports
* Collation and collection of data/information to assist in the production of the scheme's accounts, actuarial valuations and group life re-broking as required on their scheme
* Responding in writing to routine queries/requests from clients, members and other parties, seeking guidance from team members where necessary
* Maintain scheme's cashbooks to a high level of accuracy
* Completion of cash-flow forecasts and processing of dis-investments and investments as and when required
* Able to raise payment and receipt forms and processes these in line with each schemes requirements
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a brilliant organisation and join an successful and friendly team.
Working in the heart of Birmingham, in a vibrant area with excellent transport links. If you're interested in this role, please apply using the details on this advert.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.